Thursday 17 December 2009

EVALUATING A GUIDEBOOK

First of all I thought of doing only street events like street art,skateboarding and live statues. Later we were told to do 4-5 events with four to six pages for the guide book. Then, I decided to do events like BFI/IMAX, London Eye, National theatre and some other places at the Southbank. Firstly I thought of using 'FIREWORKS' for my guide but changed my mind and tried doing it from 'PAGES'. It was quite hard to make my own guidebook because it was my first time.
When our class group were taken for a visit to Southbank, we were given a task of collecting different leaflets and flyers to help us with making our own guidebook or leaflet. At the Southbank we saw the London Eye, National Theatre, BFI Southbank, Royal Festival Hall and lots more. The main thing I loved from the visit was the street art, live statues and skateboarding as it normally attracts the teenagers and it really captures the interest of people and shows their unusual talents.

As for my leaflet, I used the 'PAGES' and from the list I chose the 'Brochures' because the layout from the brochures are easier to do than from 'fireworks'. Many of the pictures I used were from the Internet and some were taken from the Southbank.
I am going to describe the leaflet for each of the pages as it is for 16-19 years old teenagers:-
For my first page, I used pictures of Southbank for the front page heading and a map for traveling and little details about the Southbank in the other half of the page.

For the second page, I decided to write about the BFI/IMAX Southbank so I used this image for the background. It is one of the largest and most amazing cinema halls of London and has comfortable seating and a high quality view of the screen. Worldwide many people are interested in watching movies particularly young children and teenagers. Buying the tickets its easy to do just by ordering from online or can contact.

For my third page, I used the night view of London Eye for the background. In half of the page, I have put some images which will attract 16-19 years teenagers who enjoy activities like parties and halloween. I have written a few details about the prices and opening time schedules. The other half of the page I have written about the 'National Theatre' giving some information about different kinds of shows and dramas featured here. There are details of how to order tickets from the website or by telephone or at the ticket office available every Monday to Saturday.

For my fourth and last page, I have given the topic 'STREET ART,SKATEBOARDING,LIVE STATUES AND CYCLING' using images which I saw from the Southbank of people performing on the streets outside. It looks quite interesting and normally attracts teenagers and even adults for their unusual talents.

Overall the leaflet or guidebook is made quite simply but visually attracts the young children and teenagers. The details have been kept brief and simple but provide all the information needed for visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PEACE N HARMONY

woolwich, kent, United Kingdom
hi 'm ezsu hope u all jus be kind to comment meh as well m just a borin gal n anythin (blah!!blah!!) .. better be welcome by my blog..